- Turn off your aquarium lights. The animals have been in the dark during shipping and it can be extremely stressful to expose them to bright lighting.
- Leave the bags closed and float them in the aquarium for 15-20 minutes. This will allow the water in the shipping bags to slowly adjust to the temperature in your aquarium.
- We recommend using a clean aquarium bucket or bowl to acclimate the livestock. Drip acclimate fish, inverts and corals separately.
- Open the bags and place the animals directly into a bucket with the shipping water.
- If you are acclimating corals, make sure that none of the corals are touching each other in the bucket, this is extremely important.
- With a drip line – set a slow drip to gradually fill the container with your tank water over the course of 1 hour. If you don’t have a drip line you can add small amounts of your aquarium water every 2-3 minutes over the course of the hour.
- After 1 hour it is safe to add the new animals to your aquarium. Never reuse the shipping or acclimation water, it should be discarded.
7 Day Arrive Alive Guarantee
If your fish, coral or invert does not arrive alive and live for 7 days in a healthy and established aquarium, we will gladly give you livestock credit for the purchase price of your item.
The following Terms and Conditions must be met in order to qualify for our guarantee:
- You must be home to accept the package at the time of delivery or the guarantee is void. You may have the package shipped to your work as long as you are able to go home right away and start acclimation. If you are not home to receive the delivery on the first attempt or if a delivery is refused for any reason all Guarantees will be void and you will be held liable for the full cost of the invoice plus freight charges.
- Weather related delays, mechanical failure etc. which result in loss will not be covered. Please be aware of the weather conditions in your area. We will be happy to hold your livestock until weather conditions improve.
- Livestock must be placed in an aquarium with compatible species. Choose livestock carefully, because animals which exhibit any damage due to harassment or abuse will not be covered under our guarantee.
- Please DO NOT discard the deceased item without authorization. Doing so will void all guarantees.
- Proper water conditions are crucial. They must be as follows: Ammonia: 0 ppm, Nitrites: 0 ppm, Nitrates: 0 to 20 ppm, pH: 8.1 to 8.4 and Specific Gravity: 1.024 – 1.026.
- We will not issue any credit for shipping costs or refunds for livestock purchases.
- Livestock credit is valid for one year from the date it is issued.
- Livestock credits may be used to purchase any livestock on our site.
- 7-Day Live Guarantee begins on the day livestock is shipped.
- Livestock listed as a Restricted Species are not covered under our Guarantee.
- If you have a loss you must notify us immediately via email. We will ask for a photograph and description of the deceased item. We also reserve the right to request a water sample and for the return of the dead animal.
Shipping fees are non-refundable for any reason.
Shipping is not included on replacement items & there is No Guarantee on Replacement Corals/ Livestock.
As long as the above criteria has been met – we will replace the loss on your next order. No Refunds will be given for DOA’s/ losses.
Restricted Species Guarantee
- Some animals are more delicate and more prone to loss due to their sensitivity to change.
- These animals (Marked as Restricted on the Product page) are only guaranteed to arrive alive. Please notify us with 2 hours after arrival to receive your credit.
- Do not DISCARD the animal without authorization as we might require photographs of the deceased item.